What we do
Sharing the past to create a better future
Working in museum and heritage learning with community groups, schools, training providers and education.
Tools and methods
- Junior Tour Guide programmes
- storytelling and writing
- visual arts
- object handling
- interactive walking tours
- develop our learner’s confidence
- nurture wellbeing
- support mental health and Social Prescribing
- build communication skills
- develop the young workforce
- inspire a love of heritage and the arts.
WORKING WITH YOU
From small community groups to national oganisations, we work with everyone
We know it’s not always possible to have the in house expertise and time to run the projects you want. Tell us what learning outcomes you want to achieve and we will deliver it for you – with our trade mark flexible, friendly approach – and drawing on our talents in drama, visual art, tour guiding, object handling and heritage activity development both live and online.
- Short on budget and time? Talk to us. We can adapt to suit time frames and budgets
- Concerned about inclusion and accessibility? We are passionate about inclusion and experienced in adapting workshops and roles so that everyone working with us, regardless of their barriers, can participate, feel safe and can make a valuable contribution
This approach has been valued by our diverse range of clients including Historic Environment Scotland, National Library of Scotland, National Trust for Scotland and the Royal Collection Trust at the Queen’s Gallery.
How we can help you & your participants
Junior Tour Guides
Children and young people learn presentation and tour guide skills. They present their local place of interest to other learners live, online and on film
Employability & Training
Unlocking and nurturing potential
Supporting training providers, our workshops develop employability skills, build confidence and teach tourism and heritage career skills.
Heritage Learning & Outreach
Tailor made projects, events & workshops
Bringing communities, families and schools into your site, live or virtually, for fun and inclusive learning experiences.
Mental Health Support
Supporters of Social Prescribing
Providing mindful activities to arts, education and heritage bodies to support good mental health.
The Illuminate Team
We have over 20 years experience
In fact, if you combine all of us together then we have over 50 years working in the art and heritage industries.
Meet the team →